To Begin With
1. Full Name: Sarah Field
2. Common Name (what most people call you): Sarah
3. Age: 21
4. Grade in School: not in school
5. Sexual Orientation (i.e. bi-sexual, lesbian, straight, gay): heterosexual - but does it matter?
6. Current Residence (City, State): Lansing, Mich
7. Birthplace: Lansing
8. On average how many hours do you spend on the computer a day? It really depends on what I'm doing. If I'm playing a game or working on a website, it could be anywhere from 4-6 hours. For just talking to people, or surfing the internet, it's about 1-2 hours.
9. Color: purple or black
10. Comic book hero/ novel hero(in): I've always loved Storm from the X-Men (from the comic books that is), but for a novel, probably Aragorn in LOTR.
11. Candy: Junior Mints
12. Season: Fall - I love all of the falling leaves and how crisp the air is.
13. Holiday: probably Halloween, because you get to dress up and be whoever you want to be. Also because it's in the Fall.
14. Number & Why: 2 - it just seems to be lucky whenever I pick that number for something.
15. Boy's name & Why: Kolin - my friend is named that. I love the fact that it's spelled with a K.
16. Girl's name & Why: Evelyn - my grandmother's name
17. Shampoo & Conditioner: It's whatever I end up buying; Dove, Suave, or Aussie
18. Favorite Sport to watch? Play? I like to watch hockey and poker tournaments. And if poker counts as a sport, I play that.
19. Two favorite Authors: Tolkien and Neil Gaiman
20. Movies: The Shawshank Redemption, Lord of the Rings, American History X, Clerks, and Breakfast at Tiffany's (it's really hard to pick just five - let me add that I love musicals and old movies.)
21. Bands: Tool, A Perfect Circle, The Used, Sarah McLachlan (though she's not a band), Lamb of God
22. Put these in order: Purple, Black,Lime Green, Hot Pink, Yellow black, purple, hot pink, lime green, and yellow
23. Books: Lord of the Rings (Tolkien), The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich (Shirer), Dream Hunters (Gaiman), Slaughterhouse Five (Vonnegut), Where the Sidewalk Ends (Silverstein)
Pick 10 that you would like to answer. However, if you answer all you get bonus points. ;]
24. Describe your favorite outfit (picture?) My outfits are usually pretty simple: blue jeans, and a band shirt, my black and white Skechers, and a hooded sweatshirt or fleece with my rainbow scarf. From time to time I wear long-sleeved button up shirts. Nothing spectacular.
25. Describe how you wear your make up (picture?) I use powder and usually some out-there crazy eyeshadow. I really like MAC pigments - especially Violet, Fuschia, and Cornflower, because they're fun. And lip gloss of course.
26. When you're with your friends, how do you act? It really depends on where we are and what we're doing - if it's at a get-together where alcohol is involved, anything goes! I can be incredibly goofy at times, but usually I'm laid back.
27. When you're around people you don't know, how do you act? I am very, very shy. I don't trust people that easily, so usually I need to get to know the person before I even start to open up at all.
28. What's your definition of manners and do you have them? Manners is about respect, saying please and thank you - and just being respectful when you are around someone or in someone else's home. Respect your elders. Treat others like you would like to be treated. (Follow the golden rule, people.)
I have always been respectful. That's how I was raised.
29. What is love? Should age have a bearing on it? Why/ Why not? There are all degrees of love - the love you have for a family member, the love you have for a family pet, the love you have for your significant other. I think you are capable of love the minute you are born, but like people, love matures and changes.
30. Do you follow others? Have you before? When? (Be Honest) Sure I do. Sometimes you have to - especially in the workplace. Sometimes it's just better when someone else takes charge. I like to be the leader though - usually. It really depends. As for following people because I want to be like them, I rarely do that. They would have to have a really stand-out quality about them, that I myself want to achieve, for me to follow them.
31. What would you change about your self? my indecisions
32. Describe a person you can't stand. I can't really describe one person. But there are certain things about many people that I can't stand: ignorance, back-stabbing, homophobia, lying, pretending to be something you're not, nags, and know-it-alls
33. Descbribe a person you would love. I love my fiancé. He makes me laugh, he's there for me when I need him (and gives me space when I need it), he holds the door for me, and he's someone I can picture growing old with.
34. What is your idea of perfect? I really don't have an idea of perfect. I don't think anyone or anything is perfect - everyone has flaws. That's what makes them human. It's what makes us strive to be better and to improve on ourselves.
35. What is your definition of Elegance? When I think of elegance, I picture someone like Grace Kelly - pearls or diamonds, long white gloves. I think it really ties in with manners - being respectful to people.
36. How many boyfriends/girlfriends have you had? 5, my current is my fiancé. We've been together over 4 years.
37. What is your pet peeve? I remember back in high school, I used to hate the people that would stand in the middle of the hallway, making it practically impossible to get through and get to class. You could say excuse me and be nice and everything, but they wouldn't budge. You pretty much had to literally push the people out of your way.
My pet peeve now would probably be someone who is insistent on telling me things I already know - like a nag.
38. Who has had the biggest influence in your life? How? My grandmother, because she was accepting of all people.
Provide at least 2 head shots, and one body shot. Please post as many pictures as you would like to, the more the better. Show pictures, not links. If you're pictures come up as red Xs please fix it, or we will postpone judging. If you do not have pictures, let us know when you will get some.
*I unfortunately have no pictures on my computer. I may at some point. Since I am so involved in web design, I only have so much room on my hard drive, and pics of myself are just not a priority. I will describe myself though, if that'll help:
I am 5'8" tall, average build. I have long blond hair (which is usually clipped up or in a bun), blue eyes, and a very pale complexion. I have an eyebrow ring, my ears are pierced, and I have three tattoos. My fingernails are long and are almost always painted. Hmm...that's all I can think of. Once again, sorry I don't have pics at the moment.*
39. Which mod are you most like, Kate or Kat? (Go to the "Meet your mods" section and look at our sample applications) I guess Kat.
40. Promote in two other communities and provide links. We DO check. I promoted in my own journal. I'm pretty new to LJ, so I've only joined a couple communities so far - none of them allow promotion of other comms. But once I join some more communities, I will promote more.
41. Say somethingfunny. (This can be a picture) Q: What do you call a cow with no legs?
A: Ground Beef (yeah, I know it's lame)
42. Words to live by: "Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." -Eleanor Roosevelt